Miguel Hernández University

European Higher Education Area

Admission with foreign qualifications from within the European Higher Education Area

To be admitted to an official master's, students must have an official Spanish university qualification or a qualification issued by an institution of higher education from within the European Higher Education Area which would permit admission to a master's in that country.

If the studies were completed at an institution of higher education in another member State of the European Higher Education Area, both the certificate of the qualification and the academic certificate of marks must be official and issued by the competent authorities in accordance with the legal system of the country of origin.

No type of authentication is required for the documents - they just need to be endorsed.

Documents issued abroad in a language other than Spanish must be presented along with an official translation into Spanish.

Member states of the European Union:

Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Holland, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Poland, Portugal, Rumania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden.

Signatories of the European Economic Area agreement:

Iceland, Liechtenstein, and Norway.

Bilateral agreement with the European Union:



Documents which have not been issued in Spanish must be presented with their corresponding official translation into Spanish.

They can be translated into Spanish by:

  • • By a sworn translator, duly authorized in Spain.

  • • By the Office of Language Interpretation of the Spanish Foreign Office and Cooperation.

  • • By UNESCO, the office of Ibero-American Cooperation or any other organization recognized by Spain.

  • • By any diplomatic or consular Representative of the Spanish State abroad.

  • • By the diplomatic representative in Spain of the applicant's country, or of the country of origin of the documents.