Course instructors are responsible for the course content descriptions in English.
Radio frequency, microwave, radio broadcasting, radio links, and radiodetermination circuits, subsystems, and systems.
Esta asignatura proporciona conocimientos muy relevantes para un futuro ingeniero de comunicaciones, ya que muchos de los sistemas de comunicaciones actuales (redes inalámbricas, radioenlaces, comunicaciones por satélite, sistemas radar...) utilizan bandas de microondas.
Competencies and learning outcomes
- Knowledge about basic material and technologies that enable learning new methods and technologies, as well as providing tremendous versatility for adapting to new situations.
- Capacity to resolve problems with initiative, decision making, creativity, and to communicate and transmit knowledge, abilities, and skills, understanding the ethical and professional responsibility of the activities of the technical telecommunication engineer.
- Knowledge for performing measurements, calculations, assessments, appraisals, surveys, studies, reports, work plans, and other similar work within the specific field of telecommunications.
- Capacity to analyze and assess the social and environmental impact of technical solutions.
- Ability to work on a multidisciplinary team and in a multilingual environment, and to communicate, both in writing and orally, knowledge, procedures, results, and ideas related to telecommunications and electronics.
- Ability to analyze components and their specifications for guided and non-guided communications systems.
- Ability to select circuits, subsystems, and systems of RF, microwaves, radio broadcasting, radio networks, and radio determination.
- Ability to select antennas, equipment and systems of transmission, guided and non-guided wave propagation, by electromagnetic, RF or optical means, and the corresponding management of the radio electric space and frequency allocation.
- Capability to use communication and computer applications (office automation, databases, advanced calculation, project management, visualization, etc.) to support the development and use of telecommunications and electronic networks, services, and applications.
- Ability to use computerized tools in the search for bibliographic resources or information related to telecommunications and electronics.
Objectives (Learning outcomes)
- 01Students will be able to analyze the components and their specifications for circuits, subsystems and RF and microwave systems.
- 02Students will be able to use tools to search for library resources or information related to telecommunications and electronics.
- 03Students will be able to analyze basic microwave passive devices: filters, impedance adapters, couplers and circulators.
- 04Students will be able to analyze basic microwave active devices: oscillators, mixers and amplifiers.
- 05Students will be able to characterize passive and active microwave networks with microwave measuring instrumentation.
- 06Students will be able to design, simulate, fabricate and measure simple microwave circuits in planar technology.
Methodology and grading
- Practical sessions will be evaluated with a weight of 15% of the overall mark. The remaining 85% will correspond to an examination after the clases are finished. This examination will contain a portion of theoretical content and a portion of problems. The part devoted to problems will suposse at least 55% of the exam mark.