The evaluation of the Fundamentals of Social Anthropology course has two possibilities: continuous evaluation or final evaluation.
* Performing kahots at the end of each class. This part represents 10% of the final grade of the subject, although, in order to maintain the continuous evaluation, at least 80% of them must be answered.
* Practical Part: It corresponds to 20% of the final grade. This part will be evaluated through the response to three forms on 3 readings. The overcoming of the practical part means having completed all three forms and having reached 5 in each of them. The forms will be answered in class with the materials previously prepared on the text proposed for this purpose.
* Test type test (70% of the final grade). The subject of examination is all worked in the subject, including the readings.
Test type test (50% of the total mark) and three mid-development questions (50%). Three will be proposed to choose two. The subject of examination is all the work done in the subject, including the readings of the practical part.
PRACTICE OF THE SUBJECT:
The practical part of the subject is closely related to the theory that is worked on in it. This section will consist of the critical reading of some readings and the response of a form that will be used to evaluate it.
The Form will be answered in the first class of the following week of the completion of each topic, thus being directly related theory to practice.
The preparation of the practice will start from the comprehensive reading guide of a text of social anthropology and culture, based on a work script provided in this subject. In order for this activity to be carried out effectively, during the first month of class, a practice will be carried out in the classroom to understand its development, which will not be evaluat
1. OVERCOMING PRACTICE by forms means reaching 5
The form consists of 10 multiple choice questions. Each of the test questions is worth 1 point. Overcoming practice means reaching 5.
Failure to pass the forms means having to answer a medium development question included in the final exam of the subject (added to the test). The resulting grade will be computed in the practice section.
The evaluation criteria of the test type regarding the calculation of successes and / or errors are the same for the continuous and final evaluation exams: Test of 40 questions. in which the wrong answers will subtract points, according to the following correction formula: NT = A - (E / n-1), where NT means Theory Note, A are the correct ones, E the errors and n the number of Questions options. It represents 70% of the final grade.
Correction criteria for development questions (theoretical part of the final evaluation) and mid-development questions (practical part when suspended)
1. Adapt the answer and argue clearly (25%)
2. Use correctly the concepts and authors of the subject (25%)
3. Be consistent in the argument with a critical anthropological-social perspective (15%)
4. Use examples taken from the study literature (20%)
5. Use of inclusive language, NOT ethnocentric, Non-racist, and Non-homophobic (15%)
Aprende a pronunciar
Each of the results achieved in a call will be reserved if it is not possible to overcome the subject (September or December of that year ).
SITUATION AT THE ROOT OF COVID 19:
Theory classes: Teaching is taught live in the bands established for the subject in the official hours of the degree, with the participation of the students. It is done using the Google Meet tool from the virtual campus (Universite). The sessions are recorded (from April 21) and subsequently made available to students through the virtual campus.
These theoretical classes are supported by the Philipp Kottak manual, in its 14th edition.
THE CULTURE (Pages 27-50)
LANGUAGE AND COMMUNICATION (110-136)
ETHNICITY AND RACE (138-169)
Practical classes: The practices are carried out without changes since they are works on secondary sources. We work with the Universite homework application. The second practice has been modified, instead of being a work on a reading, it is about completing a task about constructing discourse about coronaviruses in newspapers. The development and evaluation system of the same is in subject materials. The third practice is maintained in the previous format with the same evaluation.
Active participation in class: this part of the evaluation is maintained. The assessment will be made based on the kahoots held in the classroom and with a task that has been developed on the narrative of the epidemic.
Tutorials: They are carried out, at the request of the students, through the Google Meet tool, at a time agreed by the teacher-student. Others are done through email, answering the questions raised.
EVALUATION: The evaluation of the subject has been modified in the following terms:
Attendance and active participation: 10% in the aforementioned terms.
Practical work: the three practices will account for 45% of the subject. Each of them has the same value and it is necessary to exceed 5 in each one and in this section.
Online exam type test: The online exam maintains the correction criteria set out in the guide for test responses. The cut mark to pass this part will be a 4. The topics of the text of P Kottak will be the subject of examination and topic 1 will be exposed in class.