Integrated production is understood as an agricultural system for producing food that uses resources and natural regulatory mechanisms to the maximum and ensures viable agriculture over the long-term. In it, biological and chemical methods and other techniques are carefully chosen and balanced, keeping environmental protection, profitability, and social requirements in mind.
Good agricultural practices (GAP) are "practices oriented toward environmental, economic, and social sustainability for the productive processes in agricultural exploitation that guarantee the quality and safety of food and non-food products."
Quality in agro-food production and commercialization.
HACCP, TRACEABILITY, AND CERTIFICATION SYSTEMS: GLOBAL GAP, NATURE'S CHOICE, BRC, IFS, ISO 9001: 2000, ISO 14001, 2004, UNE 155000. LEAN MANUFACTURING. The LEAN method consists in the design and implementation of improvements for productive environments by applying techniques and tools that permit eliminating waste and activities that do not add value to the process. Said tools are oriented toward simplifying productive flows and optimizing processes.
The knowledge acquired by the students in this course are useful in the professional world, both in public and in private enterprise, and that among the multiple outputs and skills that has the GIAAA, is the management and advisory companies engaged in the planning of irrigation and drainage, planning and management of farms, farm business management, management of cooperative projects farms, orchards, forced crops, greenhouses, tunnels, hydroponic gardens and production and improvement seeds and seedlings generally its activity and therefore their careers are related to management, management and production of consumer items of agricultural origin, since the functions assigned to these technical professionals allow them to act within their specialization without limitation.
Competencies and learning outcomes
- Analysis and synthesis capacity.
- Ability to plan and organize.
- Information management skills.
- Decision making.
- Ability to be critical and self-critical.
- Ability to work on an interdisciplinary and multicultural team.
- Ability to apply knowledge in practice.
- Ability to work with order and rigor.
- Ability to work autonomously.
- Know and develop quality systems for farms.
Objectives (Learning outcomes)
- Knowing the different production standards of Good Agricultural Practices (GAP) and Integrated Production (IP) in fruit crops.
- Plan the development of fruit growing applying the codes of BPA and / or IP law.
- Audit production of fruit crops developed with BPA and PI code.
- Develop strategies for analysis of critical points (HACCP) and traceability in production companies and marketing of horticultural.
- Implement global quality systems in production companies and horticultural marketing.
- Javier Santos. Richard A. Wysk. "Mejorando la produccion con lean thinking". PIRAMIDE.
- Manuel Rajadell. José Luis Sánchez. "LEAN MANUFACTURING". DIAZ DE SANTOS.
- The British Retail Consortium. "BRC Global Standard for Food Safety: Issue 6". TSO (The Stationery Office).
Methodology and grading
- Case studies: Learning through the analysis of actual or simulated cases in order to interpret and resolve them by employing various alternative solution procedures.
- Learning agreement: Develop active learning through an agreement between the teacher and the student containing commitments for what will be learned, how monitoring will take place for that learning, the set period of time, and the evaluation criteria.
- Lecture: Pass on knowledge and activate cognitive processes in students, encouraging their participation.
- Project-based learning: Realization of a project to solve a problem, applying acquired learning and promoting abilities related to planning, design, performing activities, and reaching conclusions.
- The evaluation of the course will be considering the characteristics of the same, in order to encourage active student participation throughout the course, and combining the embodiment of tasks, resolution of issues and case with a final written test.
The evaluation criteria for each of the activities is as follows: