Course instructors are responsible for the course content descriptions in English.
1. Descripción clínica, epidemiología y comorbilidad de los problemas de conducta (desobediencia, agresividad, trastorno negativista desafiante, trastorno disocial, etc.)
2. Etiología y factores de riesgo de los problemas de conducta
3. Evaluación y tratamientos eficaces de los problemas de conducta
4. Descripción clínica, epidemiología y comorbilidad de los problemas de aprendizaje (dificultades en la lectura, dificultades en la expresión escrita, dificultades matemáticas).
5. Etiología y factores de riesgo de los problemas de aprendizaje
6. Evaluación y tratamiento eficaces de los problemas de aprendizaje
Externalized disorders (behavioral problems, aggressive behavior, disobedience, defiant and dissociative negativist) and learning problems in childhood and adolescence are a very frequent reason for the child clinician, which requires knowledge and skills for their evaluation and treatment.
Competencies and learning outcomes
- Be able to recognize and accept the ambiguity and complexity of psychological problems, as well as the tentative nature of their explanations and social context where they occur.
- Be able to reach an adequate level of understanding about the demands of the recipient in every situation or application context.
- Critically evaluate information and apply the scientific method to improve professional practice.
- Formulate hypotheses, assess information, and promote viable solutions to professional cases and situations.
- Be able to analyze, evaluate, and assess individual and collective situations, identify problems, interpret data, and formulate solutions to individual or collective problems.
- Apply ethics and deontological principles to the profession, considering user rights.
- Be able to upgrade, consolidate, and integrate new knowledge to improve the profession using continuous self-learning techniques and critical analysis.
Objectives (Learning outcomes)
- The student will be able to apply diagnostic criteria in behavioral problems.
- The student may apply the appropriate tests to produce a diagnostic of behavorial disorders.
- The student will be able to intervene in behavioral disorders in children and adolescents
- The student will be able to apply diagnostic criteria in the different learning problems.
- The student may apply the appropriate assessment tests to develop a diagnosis of learning problems.
- Students will be able to intervene in behavioral disorders in children and adolescents.
Methodology and grading
- The evaluation system is as follows:
a)-Exam (50%): 20 questions with 3 choices of response. The correction system is PD = A - (E/k-1) / (number of items/10), where A is the number of correct answers, E the mistakes, and k the number of options. You need a 5 to pass the exam. b)-Portfolio (30%): activities indicated by the professor.
c)-Teaching online (20%): activities in the virtual platform led by the teacher.
The extraordinary exams in September and December will consist in an exam on the theoretical contents (50%) and an exam on the applied contents (50%).