Introduction to private law. Concept and sources of commercial law. Regulatory peculiarities and new trends (new Lex mercatoria). Social and individual entrepreneur. Employer statutes. Business assistants. Commercial registry. General legal regime of commercial obligations and contracts.
The formation of a law degree is not understood without detailed knowledge of computer law matters arising in the economic activity of business incorporation, specific aspects of commercial law. The future prospects of this law is essential to know the basic outline of the organization and training for entrepreneurship activity in the market. The interest of the subject in the training of student stands if we value the fact that commercial law tends progressively to maintain an increasingly intimate relationship with all disciplines that seek to provide a remedy appropriate to the economic and social problems our time
Competencies and learning outcomes
- Capacity to identify, interpret, formulate, and resolve problems and situations.
- Ability to use the tools and instruments needed to properly observe the systems under study.
- Proper knowledge about government, businesses, institutions, public organisms and organizations in general, regulations, and procedures necessary for working and performing other activities.
- Capacity for planning, organizing, directing, and controlling systems and processes within a framework that guarantees respect for values, rights and basic principles of the legal system, business competitiveness, protection and conservation of the environment, and sustainable development.
- Skills for the efficient application of tools that lead to resolving problems.
- Capability for developing new lines, processes, projects, and products.
- Critical and analytical skills
- Capacity to evaluate, optimize, and compare criteria in decision making.
- Ability to communicate in formal, graphic, and symbolic styles, as well as with oral and written forms of expression.
- Ability to work with multidisciplinary and multicultural teams.
- Ability to update knowledge.
- Capacity to consolidate, expand, and integrate knowledge.
- Disposition of methodologies and efficient self-learning skills for adapting to and updating new skills and scientific advances, as well as to changing needs in order to adopt an aptitude for innovation and creativity in the profession.
- Awareness about the importance of law as a regulatory system of social relations.
- Obtain the perception of the unitary nature of the legal system and the necessary interdisciplinary vision of legal problems.
- Interpret constitutional principles and values as a working tool in the implementation of Spanish, EU, and international legislation.
- Manage legal sources (laws, jurisprudence, doctrinal).
- Read and interpret legal texts.
- Draft legal documents.
- Acquire a critical awareness in the analysis of the legal system.
- Use information technology to acquire legal information (databases on legislation, jurisprudence, bibliographies).
- Develop and structure regulations.
- Know the primary private legal institutions.
- Act upon various Spanish, EU, and international jurisdictional orders.
- Manage and advise businesses, associations, and other entities from a legal perspective.
- Know and understand how an enterprise operates as a system, its main functional areas, and the impact of commercial, labor, and tax regulations on its creation and development.
- Interpret accounting information properly and understand the relationship between accounting and the different areas of the legal system.
Objectives (Learning outcomes)
- 011. Acquire basic knowledge about the general lines of the function, legal concept and major commercial institutions:
- 02Two. Identify essential legal rules and principles for the resolution of the problems that are presented in commercial reality.
- 03Three. Mastering documents relating to the establishment and operation of the company register and resolution of practical cases on commercial legal institutions under study.
|Week||Teaching units||Directed hours||Shared hours||Autonomous hours||Total hours|
- ... ... "Código de comercio y legislación mercantil". tecnos.
- Arroyo Martínez, Ignacio. "Código de comercio y legislación mercantil". Tecnos.
- Jiménez Sánchez, G.J. "Lecciones de Derecho Mercantil". Tecnos.
- Manuel Broseta Pont. Fernando Martínez Sanz. "manual de derecho mercantil". tecnos.
- Esplugues Mota, C. "Derecho del Comercio Internacional". Tirant Lo Blanch.
- Jiménez Sánchez, G.J. "Nociones de derecho mercantil". Marcial Pons.
Methodology and grading
- Lecture: Pass on knowledge and activate cognitive processes in students, encouraging their participation.
- Solving exercises and problems: Exercise, test, and apply previous knowledge through routine repetition.
- Only for this call there are two ways from which you can pass the course:
a. Continuous assessment:
There will be a final exam based on 3 questions that will focus on theoretical issues and case studies related to scenarios studied throughout the course that will evidence the acquisition of relevant skills and competencies of the subject object.
This final test is 75% of the final grade. The maximum score on this exam will be three questions 7.5.
Each question will have a maximum score of 2.5 points and the student is required to pass the exam to obtain the minimum grade of 3.5 points.
The remaining 25% of the final exam score will correspond to the result obtained in continuous assessment tests arising from the teacher at the end of relevant teaching units. The maximum score on these tests is 2.5 points. To gain access to continuous assessment examination the student must have passed a minimum of 1.5 points in all the tests performed previamentey have delivered proposed practical assumptions.
Equivalence of 10 mean scores in continuous assessment tests: 1.5: 6; 1.6: 6; 1.7: 6.8, 1.8: 7.2, 1.9: 7.6, 2: 8, 2.1: 8.4, 2.2: 8.8, 2.3: 9.2 , 2.4: 9.6, 2.5: 10
The performance tests on the subject taught and will be confirmed in due time as the date of delivery of the practical cases.
b. Final examination of the subject
It will take place on the due date and your score will constitute 100% of the final grade.
The student enters the final exam if it so decides or if not passed the required minimum of 1.5 points in controls performed in the continuous assessment.
The final exam will contain a total of three questions that may or may not coincide with the questions on the final exam for the continuous assessment and maximum score is 10 points. Also will focus on theoretical and practical assumptions.
CALLS FOR SEPTEMBER AND DECEMBER
In these calls only mode and there will be a test that will be similar to the final exam listed in the previous paragraph (b.)
The criteria to be followed in correcting the final exam will be made, as the total information about it, in the prior examination date will be published in due time. Fundamentally assess knowledge and understanding of the theoretical content explained and the knowledge and application of relevant legal regulations necessary for the proper resolution of the practical cases. Also will determine the clarity of presentation and conceptual and terminological precision used by the student in answering the questions posed. Also be valued assistance, interest and participation shown by the student during the development of the subject.
The exam review will be duly announced in the document corresponding to the publication of official ratings.
----- The student misconduct cualquiere take during the exam, it will be removed immediately and your grade will be zero ------
APPLICATION PRIOR TO CONDUCTING TESTS
Students are asked to delivering the academic record and photograph all your data for the purposes of proper identification and evaluation thereof. This record is required for the performance of any of the examinations of the course.