- Case studies: Learning through the analysis of actual or simulated cases in order to interpret and resolve them by employing various alternative solution procedures.
- Problem-based learning: Develop active learning strategies through problem solving that promote thinking, experimentation, and decision making in the student.
- Project-based learning: Realization of a project to solve a problem, applying acquired learning and promoting abilities related to planning, design, performing activities, and reaching conclusions.
- Solving exercises and problems: Exercise, test, and apply previous knowledge through routine repetition.
OPTION A: CONTINUOUS ASSESSMENT
Continuous and monitored assessment
- Regular monitoring of the course.
- Adequate and timely presentation of the exercises.
- Fulfillment of the specific objectives proposed for each exercise.
- Organization of work and adaptation to the proposed methodology in the approach to the exercise.
- Suitability and adequacy of formal and technical means to the objectives, from form to content.
- Resolution of syntactic-formal and technical problems.
- Ability to formal analysis and conceptualization of the work of self and others.
- Originality, creativity and functionality related to the self-criticism, reflection and dialogue.
- Perseverance, dedication and interest in following the course.
- Personal development and evolution in each exercise and throughout the course.
- Regular attendance to class.
The scoring system is linked to the evaluation which is continuous and the type of teaching which requires the presence of the student. All proposed exercises performed in the program must be submitted on the indicated dates.
Each exercise will have a particular grade that will depend on the fulfillment of specific objectives, which are provided in writing in that document "Programming practice", and the arithmetic average of the exercises will be calculated according to the percentage indicated in that document, obtaining that way the 90% of the final grade.
The remaining 10% of the grade will be based on the fulfillment of an attendance, attitude objectives or other activities.
OPTION B: OFFICIAL EXAMINATION CALL
Those students who have not had a regular and continuous monitoring of the course, that is, those who have the two Content Sections not submitted or failed or have not attended 65% of the classes at least will have to pass the official examination call, according to its conditions.
Fulfillment of the specific proposed objectives for each exercise (according to the document the document "Programming practice") which have to be done or submitted during the exam.
During ordinary and extraordinary examination the student will have to submit all the exercises done along the course (see Practical programming available at reprographic service and on the web) less the exercise Exercise 4. REFERENCE AND REPRESENTATION that will be held during the examination period. In this the average rating will be calculated as follows: the grade of the exercise done during the exam will be a 60% of the final grade, the other 40 % will be the arithmetic average of the grades of the rest of the course exercises submitted but not done during the exam.