- Lecture: Pass on knowledge and activate cognitive processes in students, encouraging their participation.
- Project-based learning: Realization of a project to solve a problem, applying acquired learning and promoting abilities related to planning, design, performing activities, and reaching conclusions.
For the ASSESSMENT of the TFM there will be a court that will evaluate the projects and the presentation of students IN-PERSON at the Faculty of Medicine of UMH on 2 calls, June and September. The Secretary shall notify each student the place, the day and time for the defense, at least with a week in advance, and will make public the full schedule of defenses.
The defense of the TFM will be public, unless in the presence of the rest of the students of the specific turn. Students will enter in the room of Defense before the exhibition, in order not to interfere in the presentations of other students and in the assessment of the court.
The TFM can only be evaluated once the student has passed the remaining materials of the Master's degree and have, therefore, of all the necessary credits to obtain the master's degree, with the exception of those corresponding to the own TFM.
For the evaluation of the TFM, it will take into account:
-On behalf of the Court:
1 Originality and interest of the subject: degree in that the proposal differs from the usual and the objectives of the project (and the obtained results potential) shall apply to routine clinical practice to improve patient care.
2. Methodological adequacy: coherence between hypothesis, objectives, methodology and work plan.
3. Quality in the interpretation and discussion of results (if it has results). Otherwise no rating.
4 Current and amplitude of the bibliography. Correct indication of references throughout the text and in the bibliography section.
5. Written expresion and grammatical correctness, if it manages to convey clearly the project (design, structure, bibliography).
6. Oral expresion and quality in the presentation in the form of slides and in general the documentary support.
- From the tutor:
1. Personal initiative, the proposed theme of the TFM, both in its development, based on the knowledge and skills acquired throughout the Master's degree
2. Design, development and description of the objective of the TFM
3. Development of a history of the project in the form of introduction and status of the scientific question raised. Analysis and interpretation of information and results. Drawing conclusions
4. Identification of sources and resources of information relevant to the selected topic. Use of software specific search of bibliographic information and its management
5 Organization and structuring of the content in the text during the drafting of the TFM
6. Planning of the work in an autonomous way throughout the development of the TFM
7 Integration, collaboration and communication with the team, including the tutor
8. Ethical Aspects. Ability to appreciate diversity and respect the ethical aspects both clinical and research throughout the realization of the TFM. In particular consideration and presentation of the project of TFM a Committee of clinical trials and Research Centre where it will be to carry out the project as well as evaluation and research funding bodies and committees
The final mark of the TFM shall consist of:
80% of the mark of the Court's defense of the TFM
20% of the mark of the report and evaluation of the tutor of the TFM
The qualification will be awarded according to the average of the items with the following numerical scale from 0 to 10. Therefore, both the qualification of the tutor and the Court must be numeric so it can calculate the weighting between the Court and the tutor.
The final mark will be qualitative (art. 10 RR 11-04-07), after the application of the following scale: 0 - 4.9: suspense (SS). 5.0-6.9: approved (AP). 7.0-8.9: remarkable (NT). 9.0-10: excellent (SB).
The copy or shared work will be very negatively evaluated, and search systems for unauthorized copies will be used. Each work must be the reflection of autonomous work.