Social policy & programs and crime. Deterrence and social rehabilitation. Measuring recidivism. Efficacy, effectiveness, and efficiency. Systematic reviews and meta-analyses of programs and compliance with regulations.
The justification of it within the curriculum is the need of the student aware of the importance of the development of rigorous research related to the evaluation of the effectiveness of the laws before, during and after its entry into force as well as to learn about the importance of motivating factors other than compliance with the threat of formal sanction.
Competencies and learning outcomes
- Ability to formulate hypotheses about designing, planning, and implementing activities.
- Ability to evaluate evidence, tools, and instruments for crime analysis, reaching appropriate conclusions that may lead to crime prevention.
- Ability to recognize problems associated with safety and crime, acting in accordance with the ethical guidelines established by professional organizations.
- Ability to analyze and address the criminal phenomenon from an empirical and multidisciplinary perspective.
- Ability to evaluate, analyze, and report empirical information about crime, victimization, and the responses to these.
Objectives (Learning outcomes)
- Understand the legislative importacia for the design and evaluation of effective laws palicación and efficient
- Acquire a critical awareness in analyzing the effectiveness, efficiency and effectiveness of standards to encourage compliance
- Knowing what factortes of different nature are related to regulatory compliance
- Understand the need for a critical analysis of the distributive principles of criminal law prevailing for the development of motivating compliance standards
- Knowledge and understanding to provide a basis or opportunity for originality in developing and / or applying ideas in the context of scientific research
- That the students can apply the knowledges adquiridosy ability to solve problems in new or unfamiliar environment within broader (or multicisciplinares) contexts related to their field of study
- Students should be able to integrate knowledge and handle complexity, and formulate Juci from information that was incomplete or limited, include reflecting on social and ethical responsibilities linked to the application of their knowledge and judgments.
- Montoro Chiner, María Jesús. "La evaluación de las normas : racionalidad y eficiencia". Barcelona Atelier 2001.
- Pau Vall, Francesc, coord / Pardo Falcón, Javier, coord / Sainz Moreno, Fernando, aut. "La evaluación de las leyes ". Madrid Tecnos [etc.], 2006.
- Hassemer, W. y Muñoz, F. "Introducción a la Criminología y al Derecho penal. ". Valencia: Tirant lo Blanch. (1989).
- Bentham, J. "The principles of moral and legislation". Amhest: Prometeus Books. (1988).
- De la Cuesta, P. "Conocimiento de la ilicitud. Aproximación al conocimiento de la antijuridicidad del hecho desde las teorías psicológicas del pensamiento intuitivo ". Madrid: Dykinson. (2007).
- Wright, R.T. y Decker, S.H. "Armed robbers in action: stickups and street culture.". Lebanon: Northeastern (1997).
- Zimring F.E. "The great american crime decline.". Nueva York: Oxford University Press (2007).
- Darley, J.M. y Latané, B. "Altruism and helping behavior ". Nueva York: Academic Press. (1970).
- Fishbeing, M. y Ajzen, I. "Belief, attitude, intention, and behavior: An introduction to theory and research. ". Reading: Addison-Wesley. (1975).
- Triandis, H.C. "Interpersonal behavior". Monterrey: Books/Cole. (1977).
Methodology and grading
1. Examen tipus test: 50% qualificació final
2. Realització de treballs: 50% qualificació final
3. Participation in forums: 20% final grade (synchronous activities do not qualify as tutoring video chat which are voluntary)