Operation of the main systems for cogeneration, trigeneration, and self-consumption of electrical energy. The most advanced automation and remote control systems are highlighted.
The course examines the operation of the main systems of cogeneration and trigeneration power self-consumption. It details the most advanced automation and remote control.
Competencies and learning outcomes
- Capacity for continuous improvement, experimentation, and innovation.
- Capacity for teamwork and the leadership of Human Resources.
- Ability to solve problems.
- Ability to apply knowledge in practice.
- Critical and analytical capacity in the relevant specialty area.
- Capacity for evaluating, optimizing, and comparing criteria in decision making.
- Communication skills and knowledge transfer in environments of experts and nonexperts.
- Know the tools needed for assessing component selection strategies.
- Understand the operation of control systems.
- Identify the most appropriate solutions in the management of natural resources.
- Appropriately choose and describe the fundamental components of an automation and remote control system.
- Apply the most appropriate methodology for managing water and energy.
- Develop organizational control systems and facilities management.
- Learn the best methods for the development of automation and remote control devices.
- Perform design automation and remote facilities.
- Acquire skills to advise legal, scientific and technical projects of automation and remote.
- Acquire skills to write technical documentation projects of automation and remote control.
Objectives (Learning outcomes)
- Learn the operation of cogeneration plants and trigeneration autoconsumos
- Set the main equipment as cogeneration, trigeneration and autoconsumption
- To distinguish telecontrol systems in cogeneration, trigeneration and autoconsumption
- To select the remote and communications equipment used in cogeneration, trigeneration and autoconsumptions
- To distinguish tripping systems and main connection diagrams in cogeneration and autoconsumos trigeneration
- Apply the knowledge and skills acquired to practical cases cogeneration, trigeneration and autoconsumption
- To summarize the more relevant legislation related to the subject
Methodology and grading
- Case studies: Learning through the analysis of actual or simulated cases in order to interpret and resolve them by employing various alternative solution procedures.
- Lecture: Pass on knowledge and activate cognitive processes in students, encouraging their participation.
- Problem-based learning: Develop active learning strategies through problem solving that promote thinking, experimentation, and decision making in the student.
- Project-based learning: Realization of a project to solve a problem, applying acquired learning and promoting abilities related to planning, design, performing activities, and reaching conclusions.
- Solving exercises and problems: Exercise, test, and apply previous knowledge through routine repetition.
- The performance achieved by the student in learning the subject is assessed by a test of theoretical questions (40%) and the practices and activities presented (60%)
The evaluation of the subject will be, considering the characteristics of the same and in order to encourage active student participation throughout the course, combining the completion of questionnaires, tasks, exercises and problems, with a final written exam.
Evaluation criteria for each of these activities is as follows:
1. Questionnaires on the subject in each teaching unit and fear, and whose weight on the final grade for the course will be a 40%.
For each teaching unit and issue a test between 10 and 30 multiple-choice questions (4 options), usually with a single real answer (in the event that there is more than one right will be notified to begin the test) will be scheduled. All questions have the same value in the unit rating of each test. As you advance in the subject deadline for completion of the test it opens. The opening and closing period the students will be notified. After the date of closure NOT be testing. Each test can be performed only once. The test is carried out on an on-line, and maximum execution time has previously been noted. The total number of tests of this method is adapted to the number of topics covered during the course. All tests have the same value for the status of that activity, so that the overall mark of this part will be the result of the arithmetic mean of the theoretical tests.
2. Performing practical tasks, exercises, or problems whose weight on the final grade for the course will be a 40%.
For each teaching unit a series of practical tasks, which consist in solving exercises, problems or other activities are scheduled. Also a deadline to be met the same is indicated. Each practical task is scored on 10 points. In the event that the teachers accept delivery of a task after the deadline, the task score may have some penalty (ranging between 20% and 30% over the initial 10). Exercises and tasks must be resolved individually, rewarding yourself originality and degree of contribution made, so that penalize those who are detected that are copied from foreign material or each other. The tasks proposed by block and thematic units will have the same value for the status of that activity, so that the overall mark of this part will be the result of the arithmetic mean of the evidence raised by the number of subjects.
3. At the end of the semester an exam on the theoretical and practical contents of the subject will be. The final exam will take place on the dates and official announcements set by the school secretary (June and September). The test will mean up to 20% of the final grade for the course will consist of solving a multiple choice questionnaire response. This questionnaire will be between 30 and 40 multiple choice questions with four alternatives, one true. All questions have the same value in the final grade.
To average between the various activities that make the subject a minimum of 4 points is required of 10 in each part (questionnaires, tasks and final exam).