Course instructors are responsible for the course content descriptions in English.
Creative strategies and advanced techniques of graphic communication applied to contemporary artistic production. Design media, technology, and procedures as a creative experimentation strategy. Closer examination and experimentation on the concepts of original, serial, and multiple. Closer examination on languages and new technological procedures of serial graphic work. Hybrid procedures in illustration and design. Contemporary digital tools and platforms of artistic creation and dissemination. Application to the development and analysis of an own or extraneous artistic language.
Formar a los futuros profesionales en estrategias creativas y de comunicación integradas en la producción artística contemporánea.
Profundizar en los lenguajes y los procedimientos híbridos en la ilustración, la obra gráfica y el diseño.
Competencies and learning outcomes
- Know and master the procedural and conceptual tools for conducting advanced fine arts projects.
- Be able to articulate and justify a complex artistic discourse in which artistic languages based on image, space, and time are integrated.
- Be able to recognize the innovative and experimental nature of artistic discourse in the context of contemporary art practice.
- Be able to apply artistic procedures within the context of the project and research in fine arts in an experimental and innovative manner.
- Possess the capability of applying hybridization between various artistic disciplines in the development of a project in fine arts.
Objectives (Learning outcomes)
- The students will be capable of experimenting from images proceeding from different disciplines and / or technologies to create products and own images of the design
- The students will be capable of planning and developing the different processes in the production of his artistic project
- The students will be capable of applying the knowledge acquired in the experimentation with the different supports and matrices of graphical serial artwork for the construction of a personal language
- The students will be capable of designing images of visual identity on the basis of a code of polimorfo style that are a product of the experimentation and hybridization between design - art and that communicate the essence of the artistic personal and individual project of every student
- The students will be capable of developing a plastic individual and personal offer that links the fashion with the design and the plastic arts in the sociocultural contemporary context
- Chaves, Norberto. "La Imagen corporativa teoría y metodología de la identificación institucional". Barcelona Gustavo Gili 2001.
- Daniel Rodríguez Valero. "Manual de tipografía digital". Campgràfic Editors s.l.
- Díaz Soloaga, Paloma aut. "Comunicación y gestión de marcas de moda". Barcelona Gustavo Gili D.L. 2014.
- Fishel, Catharine. "Rediseño de la imagen corporativa". México Gustavo Gili cop. 2000.
- Gwilt,Alison. "MODA SOSTENIBLE. Manuales de diseño moda.". Barcelona,Ed Gustavo Gilli,SL, 2014.
- Julier, Guy. Muslera, Marcos. trl / Zimmermann, Yves. drt. "La cultura del diseäno [recurso electronico]". Barcelona : Editorial Gustavo Gili, 2010.
- Pallasmaa, Juhani. Muro, Carles, trad . "La Imagen corpórea imaginación e imaginario en la arquitectura". Barcelona Gili cop. 2014.
- Steven Heller y Gail Anderson. "El libro de las ideas tipográficas". Blume.
- Adobe Production Premium CS 6
Methodology and grading
- Case studies: Learning through the analysis of actual or simulated cases in order to interpret and resolve them by employing various alternative solution procedures.
- Lecture: Pass on knowledge and activate cognitive processes in students, encouraging their participation.
- Project-based learning: Realization of a project to solve a problem, applying acquired learning and promoting abilities related to planning, design, performing activities, and reaching conclusions.
- Solving exercises and problems: Exercise, test, and apply previous knowledge through routine repetition.
- SYSTEM OF EVALUATION
The evaluation will be constant according to the type of presencial education. The student will have to have a regular follow-up of the subject that allows his evaluation.
Continued Evaluation by means of the personal follow-up: 5 %
Continued Evaluation based on the participation in the classroom: 5 %
Continued Evaluation of the practical knowledge by means of the production of works and memories: 30 %
The only Evaluation of the theoretical - practical knowledge by means of the presentation of works and projects: 60 %
1. The continuous assessment of the subject will be established according to the " Plan of activities of follow-up of the subject " that will be facilitated to the students, establishing in the same one each of the activities.
2. The works or projects presented in the subject will be able to take refuge with general character in one of the following three options, there being facilitated to the students his specific way of formalization and presentation.
A. Putting in practice of technical - conceptual resources.
Accomplishment of a series of works that they put into practice and develop in a critical, experimental way and to interdiscipline the conceptual and technical contents of the subject.
B. Offer of article of investigation.
Accomplishment of a written work, formalized with the structure of an article of investigation, which it develops in a critical, experimental way and to interdiscipline the conceptual and technical contents of the subject.
C. Integration in the artistic personal project.
Critical, experimental incorporation and to interdiscipline from the conceptual and technical contents of the subject to the development of the creative project of the students.
EVALUATION FOR COURSE.
It will follow the exposed criteria above.
In the extraordinary summons the continuous assessment will evaluate from a Memory of follow-up of the " Plan of activities of follow-up of the subject " that the students will have to deliver. The works or projects presented in these summons only will be able to take refuge in the option A and B, being understood that the option C is necessarily presencial.