Basic concepts related to the objectives, curricular contents, and evaluation criteria for the secondary education teaching specialty of mathematics.
El profesional dedicado a la enseñanza de las matemáticas, necesita tener un amplio conocimiento del Currículo, para poder ejercer su labor como docente.
Competencies and learning outcomes
- Know the curriculum content of the matters relating to the appropriate teaching specialization, and the body of didactic knowledge about the teaching and learning. The knowledge of the respective professions will be included for the professional training.
- Plan, develop, and evaluate the teaching and learning process, enhancing educational processes that facilitate attaining the skills of the respective education, based on the students' previous levels and training, and guiding them both individually and collectively with other center teachers and school professionals.
- Define the curriculum to be implemented at an educational center through participation in its collective planning; develop and apply group and individual teaching methodologies adapted to the diversity of its students.
- Design and develop learning spaces with special reference to equity, emotional education and values, equal rights and opportunities for men and women, civic education and respect for human rights that facilitate life in society, decision making and building a sustainable future.
- Acquire strategies to encourage student effort and promote their ability to learn by themselves and with others, and develop thinking and decision-making skills to facilitate autonomy and instill confidence and personal initiative.
- Understand the processes of interaction and communication in the classroom, master social skills and abilities necessary for stimulating learning and coexistence in the classroom, and address discipline problems and conflict resolution.
- Design and organize formal and informal activities that increase the participation and culture in the educational center; perform the functions of mentoring and guiding students in a collaborative and coordinated manner; participate in the evaluation, research and innovation in teaching and learning.
- Inform and advise families about the teaching and learning process, and about personal, academic, and professional orientation of their children.
- Understand the educational and cultural value of the material that corresponds to the specialization and contents that are taught in the respective education.
- Know the history and recent developments of the subject matter and its perspectives to convey a dynamic view.
- Understand contexts and situations wherein diverse curricular contents are used or applied.
- Know the processes and resources for preventing learning and coexistence problems, and the processes of assessment and academic and professional guidance.
- Understand the theoretical and practical developments of teaching and learning of the relevant materials.
- Transform curricula in activity and work programs.
- Acquire criteria for selecting and developing educational materials.
- Foster a climate that facilitates learning and places value on the contributions of students.
- Integrate training in audiovisual and multimedia communication in the teaching-learning process.
- Know and apply innovative teaching proposals in the area of the specialization taught.
- Learn assessment strategies and techniques and understand the assessment as a tool to regulate and encourage effort.
Objectives (Learning outcomes)
- Reconocer la necesidad de la enseñanza de las Matemáticas para conseguir la alfabetización científica de la sociedad.
- Conocer contextos y situaciones en que se usan o aplican los diversos contenidos curriculares. Conocer criterios de organización de contenidos
- Conocer el valor formativo y cultural de las Matemáticas y los contenidos que se cursan en las respectivas enseñanzas.
- Elaborar programas curriculares atendiendo a los currículos oficiales establecidos en la legislación de la Comunidad Autónoma correspondiente.
- Desarrollar actividades, criterios y procedimientos para una evaluación adecuada.
- Jesús M.ª Goñi. German Torregrosa, José Muñoz, Santiago Fernández, Romà Pujol, Vicenç Font, José Ignacio Barragués, Mª Luz Callejo, Jesús Fernández. "Matemáticas. Complementos de formación disciplinar".
- Rico, Luis ; Lupiáñez Gómez, José Luis. "Competencias matemáticas desde una perspectiva curricular". Alianza Editorial, S.A.
- The National Council de Teacher of Matematics, Inc. "Principios y estándares para la educación matemática". Centro Documentación Thales - Departamento de Matemáticas.
- Organización de Cooperación y Desarrollo Económico. "Informe PISA, 2003 : aprender para el mundo del mañana ". Santillana.
Methodology and grading
- Case studies: Learning through the analysis of actual or simulated cases in order to interpret and resolve them by employing various alternative solution procedures.
- Cooperative learning: Develop active learning through cooperative working strategies among students and promote shared responsibility to reach group goals.
- Lecture: Pass on knowledge and activate cognitive processes in students, encouraging their participation.
- Problem-based learning: Develop active learning strategies through problem solving that promote thinking, experimentation, and decision making in the student.
- Project-based learning: Realization of a project to solve a problem, applying acquired learning and promoting abilities related to planning, design, performing activities, and reaching conclusions.
- The evaluation systems associated with the teaching methodologies followed in this master for the subject are the following:
Continuous evaluation by means of the work or tests type test. The final note of the performed tasks (NT) will be expressed on the scale from 0 to 10 with a decimal. The final weight of this part (WT = 0.4) will be 40%.
Assistance to transversal seminars. The final note of seminar attendance (NS) will be expressed on the scale from 0 to 10 with a decimal and calculated proportionately at the assisted hours. Each specialty, depending on your needs, will establish the minimum number of hours with which you get the maximum note. The final weight of this part (WS = 0.1) will be 10% and will be the same for all subjects.
Final Exam type test with 30 questions and 4 possible answers of which only one can be true. The final Test note (NE) will be expressed on the scale from 0 to 10 with a decimal. A penalty of 0.3 points is established for each erroneous response. Therefore the qualification of the test will be given by: qualification test = (number successes-0.3 * number of failures)/3. The final weight of this part (WE = 0.5) will be 50%, being necessary to obtain a point on ten to proceed with the calculation of the final note of the subject.
The final note of the subject will be obtained by the following expression: Qualification subject = NT * WT NS * WS NE * WE
In the extraordinary calls the final note of the subject will be obtained by means of the following expression:
Qualification subject = NE
For more information consult the specific web of the master (http://masterprofumh.es)