This multidisciplinary group specializes in different areas of agro-environmental economics, policy, and development. Its members work on marketing and consumer behavior toward agro-food products, agricultural and environmental assessment, management and direction of agro-environmental business, rural development, and economics, policy, and management of natural and environmental resources.
Group objectives include researching and disseminating results concerning its lines of work, namely:
- Provide knowledge to agro-environmental and food companies to improve their efficiency, management, and direction.
- Analyze consumers of agro-food products and propose marketing strategies that promote the production of foods that are healthy, local, organic, etc.
- Advise professionals and businesses on the valuation of agricultural and environmental activities.
- Contribute to agricultural and rural development through research of the causes of depopulation in rural areas and propose policy and programs that favor the sustainability of rural areas.
- Provide a scientific basis for appropriate economic and policy management and decision making concerning natural and environmental resources.