In the face-to-face mode, the qualification criteria (out of 10) of the indicated tests will be the following: practical part, 5 points (50%), and final exam, 5 points (50%)
There will be a final exam in which the student must answer theoretical and practical questions. Several practical questions will be raised about concordance, errors in the syntactic regime, in the use of tenses, etc. There will be a theoretical question about journalistic genres and an opinion column signed by one of the authors studied during the course in order to perform an analysis of the proposed text.
Four of the six questions of the test will be practical, one theoretical and the other will consist of a commentary of journalistic text. Depending on the degree of difficulty, the questions will be worth between 0.8 and 4 points out of 10 of the maximum grade. At the end of the exam, the teacher will require the student to review it to amend errors, disagreements, reiterations and, above all, misspellings.
The practical part is made up of a series of activities that will help students in achieving the objectives set in the subject:
-Interdisciplinary practice: 20% on the practical part. (10% of the final grade)
-Realization of a multimodal constellation with the use of two specific dynamics (Pecha-Kucha and booktrailer): 30% on the practical part (15% of the final grade)
-Practices on the competences developed, complementary to the theoretical material: comics-journalism analysis, transmedia narrative, transmutation of the story into news, text comments, etc .: 50% on the practical part. (25% of the final grade).
In the non-face-to-face modality, 100% of the grade will depend on the final exam, which will consist of the same characteristics as that of the face-to-face modality, but to which a section will be added in which students must answer a series of related questions with the reading of the seduction of words, by Álex Grijelmo.
The student will perform, according to the teaching units explained in class, the following exercises and practical work:
1) Analysis exercises of journalistic texts.
2) Journalistic writing exercises.
3) Reading and oral defense of a work in the bibliography indicated by the teacher.
1) The text analysis exercises on models provided by the teacher. The practices will be carried out during teaching hours. Likewise, and in the cases that the teacher determines, the student will develop similar exercises during non-contact hours in order to avoid reading overload and facilitate personal work.
2) The journalistic writing exercises will be developed in the terms set forth in the previous point.
3) The scheduled reading, which will take place outside the classroom, will be individual and free. The student must choose one of these : Los cínicos no sirven para este oficio, Tierra de brujas, La ridícula idea de no volver a verte, La carne, From hell, Persépolis o Pollo con ciruelas.
From the chosen book, the student will make an oral defense adjusting to the dates determined by the teacher. The reading defense dates are between Monday, April 20 and Monday, May 25, 2020.