A) PRESENTIAL ASSESSMENT: It will consist of two parts: one corresponding to the theoretical part (65% of the grade) and a part corresponding to the practical part (35%). The grade of the theoretical part will be obtained with the active participation in the classes (15% of the total result) and an exam (50%).
The work corresponding to the practical part will be carried out in a group and will consist of the preparation and presentation of a ten-minute short documentary. The groups will be 4-5 people in size and will be organized by the teacher the first week of class.
The videos will be presented to the class as a whole the last week of the course. Originality in the approach, the selection of images and the documentation used to prepare the theme will be valued.
Each group will have (at least) two tutorials with the teacher: one at the beginning of the course and the other one month before the presentation. In the last tutorial, the script (detailed) of the documentary will be presented.
The topics to be addressed will be the following:
1) The triumph of the cinematographer.
2) Lights and shadows at the beginning of the cinema.
3) Introduction to the avant-garde (with references to Spanish cinema)
4) Neorealism (with references to Spanish cinema)
5) European recognition of oriental cinemas.
6) Cinema and television in the North America of the fifties.
7) The new European cinemas (with references to Spanish cinema)
8) The third cinema
9) The "new" American cinema.
10) Iranian cinema
11) Latin American cinema since the 90s.
12) Spanish cinema since the transition.
The active participation in the theoretical classes will consist of the presentation and elaboration of criticisms of the films assigned by the teacher the first days of the course. Each student will make an audiovisual critique that will be presented to the class on the day assigned by the teacher and will prepare a document / notebook with the critics of all the films presented in class (both in the theoretical classes and in the practical classes).
The list of films will appear in the materials folder on the first day of the course. The critical analysis of the films will be between 1 and 2 pages, in times new roman format, n.12, 1.5 spacing. The text must be original. Any plagiarism will be penalized with a suspense of ALL THE SUBJECT.
The exam will consist of ten short questions (with 3-5 line answers). The exam material will appear in the materials folder on the first day of the course.
The face-to-face evaluation requires attendance at 80% of the classes (justified absences are not accepted) and the presentation in the form and date of what is required. The practical notes for extraordinary calls (September and December) are not saved. In these calls, the subject is evaluated following the NON-PRESENTIAL evaluation model.
B) NON-PRESENTIAL EVALUATION. It will consist of two parts. A written exam that will represent 70% of the grade; and a critical analysis of the films commented on in class that will represent 30% of the grade.
The student must take a final exam where all the material of the subject will enter. This exam will consist of a first part with 10 short questions (which will mean 50% of the exam grade) and a second part of 5 development questions (which will mean 50% of the final exam grade).
The reference bibliography for this exam appears on the subject's website.
The critical analysis of the films will be between 1 and 2 pages, in times new roman format, n.12, 1.5 spacing. The text must be original. Any plagiarism will be penalized with a suspense of ALL THE SUBJECT.