Study of the organization of brain function and the study of neurocognitive functions, their alterations in various brain pathologies and their assessment, diagnosis, and treatment.
Competencies and learning outcomes
- Acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to carry out psychological research, assessments, and interventions on aspects of behavior and activities of persons that influence the promotion and improvement of overall health, provided that such activities do not require specialized attention by other health professionals.
- Acquire, develop, and implement a comprehensive concept of health that includes its biopsychosocial components, in accordance with guidelines established by the World Health Organization.
- Apply fundamentals of bioethics and the method of deliberation in professional practice, adjusting practice as a health professional to the provisions of Law 44/2003, of 21 November, regarding the organization of the health professions.
- Demonstrate interpersonal communication skills and the handling of proper emotions for effective interaction with patients, their family members, and caregivers in the processes of identification of the problem, its assessment, communicating the diagnosis and psychological intervention and monitoring.
- Critical analysis and use of clinical information sources.
- Write appropriate psychological reports for their recipients.
- Formulate working hypotheses in research and compile and assess information critically for the resolution of problems, applying the scientific method.
- Understand the action framework of the general health psychologist and know how to refer to the relevant professional specialist.
- Develop work from the perspective of quality and continuous improvement with the necessary capacity for self-analysis for responsible professional practice.
- Know how to communicate and how to do so with other professionals, and master the skills necessary for working on teams and with multidisciplinary groups.
- Possess the knowledge of the duties and responsibilities of health personnel regarding the confidentiality of information and the protection of personal patient data.
- In-depth knowledge of the psychological nature of human behavior, in addition to the social and biological factors that may affect it.
- In-depth knowledge of the psychological nature of human behavioral disorders.
- In-depth knowledge of psychosocial factors associated with problems of health and disease.
- In-depth knowledge of biological and psychosocial factors associated with problems of health and disease, especially those related to mental health.
- In-depth knowledge of different assessment and intervention models in the field of general health psychology, as well as the ensuing techniques and procedures for addressing behavioral disorders and psychological factors associated with health problems.
- Plan, implement, and, where appropriate, supervise the psychological evaluation process of human behavior and the psychological factors associated with health problems in order to establish their assessment.
- Design, develop, and, where appropriate, supervise and evaluate psychological intervention plans and programs in terms of the psychological evaluation and the concurrent individual and social variables in each case.
- Implement activities that promote and educate on individual and community psychological health.
- R. Alberca y S. Lopez Sousa. 978 8498 353 099. "Enfermedad de Alzheimer y otras demencias (4ª Edición)". Panamericana.
- Kolb, B. y Whishaw, I.Q. "Neuropsicología Humana". Editorial Médica. Panamericana.
- Tirapu Ustárroz, J., Ríos Lago,. M. y Maestú Unturbe, F. 978-84-92931-04-0. "Manual de Neuropsicología". Barcelona. Viguera. Editores.
- Fustinioni, J.C. y Pérgola. 978-84-9938-057-5. "Neurología en esquemas". Editorial Médica. Panamericana.
- Olga Bruna. "Rehabiltación neuropsicológica: Intervención y práctica clínica". Masson.
- Lezak, M. 978-0195395525. "Neuropsychological Assessment". Oxford.
- Wilson, B. 978-0521841498. "Neuropsychological Rehabilitation: Theory, Models, Therapy and Outcome". Cambridge.
Methodology and grading
- Case studies: Learning through the analysis of actual or simulated cases in order to interpret and resolve them by employing various alternative solution procedures.
- Cooperative learning: Develop active learning through cooperative working strategies among students and promote shared responsibility to reach group goals.
- Lecture: Pass on knowledge and activate cognitive processes in students, encouraging their participation.
- Problem-based learning: Develop active learning strategies through problem solving that promote thinking, experimentation, and decision making in the student.
- Solving exercises and problems: Exercise, test, and apply previous knowledge through routine repetition.
- La asignatura se evaluará mediante la realización de un examen de preguntas cortas y la realización de un trabajo. El 60% de la nota final corresponde a la nota del examen teórico y un 40% a la parte práctica (de ese porcentaje un 10% corresponderá a evaluación continua). El examen de teoría se realizará al finalizar la asignatura y el trabajo se entregará en la fecha de evaluación de junio