Educational innovation, evaluation, and quality, scientific research in education.
Esta asignatura pretende introducir al futuro profesorado de secundaria en los procesos de innovación docente. Se prestará especial atención en los procedimientos y metodologías vinculados con la evaluación y mejora de la calidad docente, y finalizaremos con la introducción a los procedimientos de investigación educativa.
Competencies and learning outcomes
- Plan, develop, and evaluate the teaching and learning process, enhancing educational processes that facilitate attaining the skills of the respective education, based on the students' previous levels and training, and guiding them both individually and collectively with other center teachers and school professionals.
- Define the curriculum to be implemented at an educational center through participation in its collective planning; develop and apply group and individual teaching methodologies adapted to the diversity of its students.
- Design and develop learning spaces with special reference to equity, emotional education and values, equal rights and opportunities for men and women, civic education and respect for human rights that facilitate life in society, decision making and building a sustainable future.
- Acquire strategies to encourage student effort and promote their ability to learn by themselves and with others, and develop thinking and decision-making skills to facilitate autonomy and instill confidence and personal initiative.
- Understand the processes of interaction and communication in the classroom, master social skills and abilities necessary for stimulating learning and coexistence in the classroom, and address discipline problems and conflict resolution.
- Design and organize formal and informal activities that increase the participation and culture in the educational center; perform the functions of mentoring and guiding students in a collaborative and coordinated manner; participate in the evaluation, research and innovation in teaching and learning.
- Inform and advise families about the teaching and learning process, and about personal, academic, and professional orientation of their children.
- Understand the characteristics of students, their social contexts, and motivations.
- Understand the personality development of students and possible dysfunctions that affect learning.
- Develop proposals based on the acquisition of knowledge, skills, and intellectual and emotional abilities.
- Identify and plan the resolution of educational situations involving students with different abilities and who learn at different rates.
- Understand the processes of interaction and communication in the classroom and in the center, and address and resolve potential problems.
- Understand the historical evolution of the educational system in our country.
- Know and apply information resources and strategies, mentoring, and academic and professional guidance.
- Participate in defining the educational project and the general activities at the center according to criteria of quality improvement, attention to diversity, prevention of learning problems, and coexistence.
- Acquire social skills on family relationships and family counseling.
- Know the processes and resources for preventing learning and coexistence problems, and the processes of assessment and academic and professional guidance.
- Know and apply innovative teaching proposals in the area of the specialization taught.
- Critically analyze the performance of teaching, good practices, and orientation using quality indicators.
- Know and apply basic research and educational assessment methodologies and techniques and be able to design and carry out research, innovation, and assessment projects.
Objectives (Learning outcomes)
- Conocer y aplicar propuestas docentes innovadoras en el ámbito de la especialización cursada
- Analizar críticamente el desempeño de la docencia, de las buenas prácticas y de la orientación utilizando indicadores de calidad
- Identificar los problemas relativos a la enseñanza y aprendizaje de las materias de la especialización y plantear alternativas y soluciones
- Conocer y aplicar metodologías y técnicas básicas de investigación y evaluación educativas
- Ser capaz de diseñar y desarrollar proyectos de investigación, innovación y evaluación
- Ca-al de León, Pedro (coordinador). "La innovación educativa". Tres Cantos (Madrid): Akal (2002).
- Carbonell, Jaume. "La aventura de innovar: el cambio en la escuela". Madrid: Moratal (2001).
- Gregoria Carmena López, David Doncel Abad, Ana María Navarro Cebrián, Blanca Sotos Vidal. "Promoci-n de la investigación educativa en las administraciones autonómicas". MEC-CIDE (Centro de Investigación y Documentación Educativa). 2006.
- MART-NEZ GONZÁLEZ, Raquel-Amaya. "La investigación en la práctica educativa: guía metodolgica de investigación para el diagnóstico y la evaluación en los centros docentes". MEC-CIDE (Centro de Investigación y Documentación Educativa). 2007.
Methodology and grading
- Case studies: Learning through the analysis of actual or simulated cases in order to interpret and resolve them by employing various alternative solution procedures.
- Cooperative learning: Develop active learning through cooperative working strategies among students and promote shared responsibility to reach group goals.
- Lecture: Pass on knowledge and activate cognitive processes in students, encouraging their participation.
- Problem-based learning: Develop active learning strategies through problem solving that promote thinking, experimentation, and decision making in the student.
- Project-based learning: Realization of a project to solve a problem, applying acquired learning and promoting abilities related to planning, design, performing activities, and reaching conclusions.
- The evaluation systems associated with the teaching methodologies followed in this master's degree for this subject are the following:
Continuous evaluation of this subject by performing work or test type tests. The final note of the performed tasks (NT) will be expressed on the scale from 0 to 10 with a decimal. The final weight of this part (WT = 0.3) will be 30%.
Transversal sessions. During the first semester we carried out a series of seminars and online courses of transversal character and multidisciplinary orientation on generic subjects related to the teaching in secondary. The final note in this section (NS) will be expressed on the scale from 0 to 10 with a decimal. The final weight of this part (WS = 0.1) will be 10% and will be the same for all subjects in the first semester.
Final Exam type test with 30 questions and 4 possible answers of which only one can be true. The final Test note (NE) will be expressed on the scale from 0 to 10 with a decimal. A penalty of 0.3 points is established for each erroneous response. Therefore the qualification of the exam will be given by:
Rating test = (number hits-0.3 * Number of failures)/3
The final weight of this part (WE = 0.6) will be 60% in the ordinary call the final note of this subject will be obtained by the following expression:
Qualification subject = NT * WT NS * WS NE * WE
in the extraordinary calls the final note of this subject will be obtained by the following expression :
Qualification Subject = NE
For more information consult the website of the Master (http://masterprofumh.es)