The final grade for the subject will be obtained primarily as a result of the contribution of 2 modules:
1. Module 1 FINAL EXAM (70% of final grade)
- The FINAL EXAM will consist of a TEST test that will be carried out at the end of the semester. 45 multiple-choice questions about the contents discussed in the theory agenda. You can get up to a maximum of 7 points (70% of the final grade of the subject).
- ADDITIONALLY: teachers can carry out a CONTINUOUS EVALUATION during some of the theoretical sessions (chosen randomly). They will consist of an attendance control and / or face-to-face resolution in the classroom of short questionnaires about the contents taught and worked in these sessions. In this evaluation, up to 0.7 points may be obtained, which may be added to the grade obtained in the TEST, in order to obtain the mark of module 1 of FINAL EXAM.
- The CONTINUOUS EVALUATION note may be retained until September of the same course in the event that the module is not approved in the ordinary call of February.
2. Module 2 EVALUATION OF LABORATORY PRACTICES AND COMPLEMENTARY PRACTICAL SEMINARS (30% of the final grade)
• The laboratory practices (up to 30% of the final grade), will be evaluated in person by means of questionnaires with short questions about the performance and the results of the practices carried out.
• The face-to-face assistance to the complementary practical seminars may be part of the evaluation of this module 2, and questionnaires with short questions about the contents taught in them can be made.
VERY IMPORTANT: all the evaluation activities described, including continuous evaluation, are face-to-face and the questionnaires for evaluation can only be solved by the students physically present in each session.
3. Calculation of the FINAL NOTE:
- Both module 1 and 2 passed, the FINAL NOTE will be calculated by adding the notes obtained in both modules.
- Module 1 didn´t passed, the suspended module will be placed as a FINAL NOTE.
- Module 1 didn´t passed but module 2 passed, the note of module 2 would be saved for subsequent calls.
- Module 2 didn´t passed, the suspended module will be placed as a FINAL NOTE.
- Module 2 didn´t passed but module 1 passed, the note of module 1 would be kept only until the September call.
- There is no possible to be evaluated without recovering and approving module 2 of practices.
Most of the tests to be carried out will consist of questionnaires with multiple choice questions (test type) and / or short development questions.
In all the questionnaires or exams used in the subject in the case of multiple choice questions (test type), 25% of the value of a question with a correct answer will be subtracted for each question with a wrong answer. Blank answers or errors in the answers to short development questions will not be subtracted.
For the FINAL EXAM: pencil, eraser and ID, equivalent identification document or university card. In this examination the use of digital electronic devices will be strictly forbidden. Any breach of this rule will mean the immediate exclusion of the students involved.
For CONTINUOUS EVALUATION or for the resolution of questionnaires of MODULE 2 it is advisable to attend the classroom with a laptop, tablet, ipad, Smartphone, iphone or similar with wifi connection capacity in order to interact with some online applications necessary for the evaluation. In case the students can not have this material, they must inform the faculty so they can be provided with an alternative.
To be able to do the LABORATORY PRACTICES it is obligatory to use a lab coat. The practices will not be allowed without it.