Prevention, assessment, and physiotherapeutic treatment for sports injuries.
Actually, people practice worldwide a great variety of sports and physical and recreational activities. This is reaffirmed in our region since recorded a number of clubs and sports federations, both professional and amateur.
Every day, significantly, increases the number of people who decide to practice exercise. However, due to the intrinsic nature of the sport, this practice is linked to potential injury. These situations involve practitioners injury a state of temporary disability, creating negative impacts personal, professional (restriction of personal autonomy / work), and socioeconomic (increased health spending).
Regardless of the level or age, and since in most cases these individuals require sometime in specialized care (preventive or therapeutic) the therapist is an important figure in the care of the health of athletes, in collaboration with other multidisciplinary team members.
Methodology and grading
- Case studies: Learning through the analysis of actual or simulated cases in order to interpret and resolve them by employing various alternative solution procedures.
- Cooperative learning: Develop active learning through cooperative working strategies among students and promote shared responsibility to reach group goals.
- Lecture: Pass on knowledge and activate cognitive processes in students, encouraging their participation.
- Project-based learning: Realization of a project to solve a problem, applying acquired learning and promoting abilities related to planning, design, performing activities, and reaching conclusions.
- Solving exercises and problems: Exercise, test, and apply previous knowledge through routine repetition.
The evaluation of the course will be conducted by assessing different working evidence obtained during the development of theory and practice, as the following percentages:
% FINAL NOTE: EVIDENCE
- 45%: Theoretical exam (40 multiple choice questions and 4 short questions). In qualifying test, for every 3 wrong answers, 1 correct answered question is subtracted. The questions that are not answered, have no penalty. The value of the test examen in the theory evaluation is 60% and , 40% for short questions (1 point per question, 10% per question). The minimum of 5 points are required to carry out the mean with the results of the practical part. .
- 25 %: Datasheet laboratory practice (report of each procedure performed, with the results, literature and personal reflection: bandages, core, stretching, etc.)
- 30%: Proposals for injury prevention (full document with the proposed injury prevention sports in a particular discipline)