- Cellular therapy in the treatment of neurological diseases.
- Neuropathology of genetic alterations and those during development.
- Methods of clinical diagnostics. Exploration of the central and peripheral nervous systems.
- Cellular therapy in the treatment of ALS.
- Stereotaxic surgery in the treatment of Parkinson's.
- Current treatments in Alzheimer's disease.
- Comorbidity studies.
Competencies and learning outcomes
- Understand the molecular and cellular mechanisms underlying the normal functions of the nervous system.
- Learn the basics about normal human behavior, its alterations, and changes occurring during ageing.
- Understand the basics and efficacy of therapeutic interventions based on scientific evidence.
- Recognize the need for translational research concerning neurological and psychiatric diseases.
- Learn and understand how our knowledge about the nervous system came about and identify the most important challenges in neuroscience today.
- Describe normal and pathological development of the nervous system and understand its genetic determinants.
- Describe the cellular and molecular bases of neuronal communication and signaling.
- Understand the molecular and cellular bases of neurodegenerative and psychiatric disorders.
- Synthesize the principles for the development of cellular and pharmacological therapies in the treatment of neurodegenerative and psychiatric diseases.
- Understand the main diagnostic tests used in clinical neurophysiology.
- Evaluate radiosurgery and stereotactic surgery methods in the treatment of neurological diseases.
Objectives (Learning outcomes)
- To understand the role of cellular therapies in the treatment of neurological diseases.
- To know the genetic and development of malformative neuropathology.
- To know the last trends in the treatment of ELA, Parkinson and Alzheimer disease.
- To know the functional exploration and diagnostic methods used in practic Neurophysiology.
Methodology and grading
- Continuous assessment in classes, seminars and practicals. Evaluation of review papers. Exam of the theoretical contents of the subject.